by Tamera Lynn Kraft
Everyone has things they enjoy doing for fun. Here is my list of 10 favorite hobbies. I didn’t include spiritual activities such as Bible study, prayer, and worship, but I love them too. I also didn’t include my ministry activities such as Gospel illusions, puppets, and preaching.
10. Playing board games and card games: I love to spend an evening with friends playing games.
9. Dancing: I took 20 years of dance lessons when I was younger.
8. Knitting: I learned how to knit from my grandmother, but I taught myself how to make more than scarves when I was pregnant with my first child.
7. Going to the movies with my husband: I love to watch good, clean movies.
6. Researching my ancestry: This is a lot of fun, and you wouldn’t believe what I’ve found out.
5. Studying history: This is probably why I write historicals.
4. Watching classic movies: I love classic movies, especially movies from the 1940s and 1950s.
3. Traveling: I’ve been to 40 states and 8 countries. Going to the other states and a few more countries is on my bucket list.
2. Reading: I have always loved to read. I remember reading with a flashlight under the covers when I was a kid and supposed to be asleep. When I was a teen, I read classics and Shakespeare for fun.
1. Writing: Writing isn’t really a hobby since I am an author, but I do enjoy it enough to include it on the list.