Although I am setting goals for the New Year, I’ve only made one resolution. I made this resolution after reading Psalm 16:5-11 in The Passion Translation of the Bible. The Passion Translation is a paraphrase, but the meaning came alive to me after reading this Psalm.
Psalm 16:5-11 TPT
5) Yahweh, you alone are my inheritance. You are my prize, my pleasure, and my portion. You hold my destiny and its timing in your hands.
6) Your pleasant path[d] leads me to pleasant places. I’m overwhelmed by the privileges that come with following you!
7) The way you counsel me makes me praise you more, for your whispers in the night give me wisdom, showing me what to do next.
8) Because I set you, Yahweh, always close to me, my confidence will never be weakened, for I experience your wraparound presence every moment.
9) My heart and soul explode with joy—full of glory! Even my body will rest confident and secure.
10) For you will not abandon me to the realm of death, nor will you allow your Faithful One to experience corruption.
11) Because of you, I know the path of life, as I taste the fullness of joy in your presence. At your right side I experience divine pleasures forevermore!
I resolve in 2022 to enjoy God to the fullest, and through His Joy, to enjoy the life He has given me.
I pray you receive the same fullness of joy in His presence in 2022!