by Carole Brown
…if someone wanted to kill your baby?
- Mary and Joseph fled.
- In the Redemption of Caralynne Hayman, Cara is mad with grief and anger at the death of her oldest daughter. A tough read? Yes, but well worth seeing what happens to this sorrowing mother.
…if you had to give up your business in a hurry? Or face destruction?
- Joseph did. He and Mary had to flee to Egypt to escape the wrath of the King and begin again in his carpentry business.
- In Sabotaged Christmas, Toni DeLuca must find the person casting doubt on her beloved father before her business is ruined and Christmas won’t be coming to Appleton, WV for her employees.
…if you were told you were having a baby, but you had no idea (at first) how it’d happened?
- Mary did. She heard the angel’s proclamation, but told no one and kept everything hidden in her heart, pondering.
- Starli Cameron was always told she couldn’t have a baby, but was it the truth? Only time would tell…after the struggles from the past vanished.
…if valuable items were given to you by kings?
- Baby Jesus was visited by the three Magi and given precious gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
- Caroline‘s friend, Andy, had valuable paintings, but Caroline disdained them. When one is stolen, she’s pushed into a mystery that proves how valuable paintings (and relationships) can be.
…if you were suspicious of three foreign kings who visited you?
- King Herod was, afraid that a new baby would take his place someday.
- Tyrell Walker in With Music in Their Hearts had a reason to be suspicious of so many in the boarding house. After all, there was a foreign spy determined to wreck havoc to the U.S.
…if you were about to lose what you loved?
- Mary and Joseph were. Baby Jesus was a precious gift from God. They were assigned a duty to raise him, and they would do anything to keep him safe.
- Jerry and Josie thought they were losing each other, and both were determined to battle the war for their lives and their souls.
Read St. Luke Chapter 2 to find the answers to the above questions.
Go here to find my books that hopefully will keep you reading and warm through the coming winter!