by Carole Brown
I ran across this list the other day and checked it out to see if I was guilty of any. What do you think? Are you guilty?
Have fun reading it!
- Nip it in the butt or Nip it in the bud?
- I could care less or I couldn’t care less?
- One in the same or One and the same?
- You’ve got another thing coming or You’ve got another think coming?
- Each one worse than the next or Each one worse than the last?
- On accident or By accident?
- Statue of limitations or Statute of limitations?
- For all intensive purposes or For all intents and purposes?
- He did good or He did well.
- Extract revenge or Exact revenge?
- Old timer’s disease or Alzheimer’s disease?
- I’m giving you lead way or I’m giving you leeway?
- Aks or Ask?
- What’s you guyses opinion or What’s your opinion, guys?
- Expresso or Espresso?
- Momento or Memento?
- Irregardless or Regardless?
- Sorta or Sort or?
- Conversating or Conversing?
- Scotch free and Scott free or Scot free?
- I made a complete 360 degree change in my life or I made a complete 180 degree change in my life?
- Curl up in the feeble position or Curl up in the fetal position?
- Phase or Faze?
- Hone in or Home in?
- Brother in laws or Brothers in law?
There you have it. Now, ‘fess up! Are you guilty of any of these?
Interesting list. I think using nearly all of them correctly.
Yeah, Ann. With all that reading you do, you should teach a class! You’re a pro. 🙂 Thanks for all you do for authors.