by Carole Brown
Spring, for me, is edging up close to number one as an all time favorite season. Could be the older I get, the less I enjoy wintry outdoor activities, or could be I’m just a baby about the cold. Whatever the reason, Spring is blooming in my heart!
Here’s my list of reasons why, in no specific order:
- Warm weather. Yeah, that. Cold winter winds that blow your features to a different location on your head is certainly not my cup of tea.
- Sunshine. Love sitting outdoors, closing my eyes, and lifting my face toward the sun. Wonderful feeling of life through my body!
- Lighter clothes. Yes, I love my sweatshirts and sweaters and boots. But shedding them for lighter shirts and sweaters and cute summer shoes is a definite feeling of freedom. It’s time to sport about in my favorite spring colors again: coral and aqua! Light, fun, and springy!
- Outdoor activities. Whether it’s once again picking up the walking/running or work on the property or grilling or gardening, it’s great to be outdoors again!
- Gardening. It’s once again time to get ready for our vegetable garden. Hubby built raised gardens for me. Much smaller than we use to do, but enough for us, and we love picking cucumbers and tomatoes and broccoli (and strawberries!) fresh from our own work.
- Flowers. I can barely wait to see the first flowers peeking through the soil and blossoming with determination and spreading their own type of joy to beholders. I’ve been asked before what’s my favorite, but that’s hard for me to pinpoint. I love them all.
- Grilling. Yeah, it’s time to cook outdoors again. One of my very favorite things to do is use my grill and come up with some interesting, different, and sometimes new menus. Awesome dinners.
- Leaves. Love the clothes the trees wrap around themselves when spring arrives. Those fresh, light green colors promise fun times are ahead.
Easter is a holiday I enjoy. I appreciate the meaning and the feeling of renewal I always sense. I’m humbled at the love God had for us to send his Son to die for us.
And later in the spring, knowing I no longer have my father and/or mother, I enjoy remembering them and all the reasons I loved them during Mother and Father Day Sundays.
10. Lastly, it’s time to start planning for some spring and summer adventures. Whether at the beach, mountains, or wherever else our interests take us, it’s sure to be an amazing time. Spending time exploring, re-enjoying favorite vacation spots, and discovering new adventures with family and friends is a true gift from God.
What’s not to love?
Do you have a favorite season? Why is that?
Have a great Spring and Summer.