by Tamera Lynn Kraft
The Bible talks a lot about joy. You can’t read the Bible very long without realizing God wants us find our happiness in Him. John Piper says, “God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him. That’s the real key to a happy life, to be satisfied in God. Here are a couple of verses that show this.
Psalm 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
John 15:11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
Here are 10 keys to having a happy and fulfilled life. They are not the only ones. You can find the rest in the Bible.
10. Don’t worry so much. Most of what we worry about never happens.
9. Remember failure is an event, not a person.
8. Knowing Jesus is more important than knowing about Jesus.
7. Remember that the story of your life is not about you. It’s about God in you.
6. Our lives become significant by how we serve and bless others.
5. “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep and gain what he can not lose.” Jim Elliot. In other words, if we don’t have anything worth dying for, we don’t have anything worth living for.
4. Stay true to the Word of God while loving others liberally. That means you love others enough to tell them the truth. The truth is that we are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
3. God’s opinion is the only one that counts.
2. We find our greatest joy by abiding in Christ and yielding to the will of God.
1. A life without God at the center is a miserable, wasted life.
So, can you think of any I missed. Leave a comment.