by Carole Brown
January can be a long and dreary month, especially when snowbound. But this year I want to look at it positively, so I’m choosing to find ways to LOVE this month. Smiling. Here goes, and hoping you’ll find your won reasons to love this cold month (at least in the north. Lol):
- I have special birthdays this month of two people I adore! My second son, Jon, and his son, Jonathan. They both mean the world to me, and because they were January babies, it makes the month lighten up. A great reason to enjoy this month.
- Snow. I know. I know. I hate traveling in. I hate traveling on ice and slippery roads. But snuggled up at home, or watching the winter activities of the younger set, makes me smile. The softly falling flakes are beautiful, and besides, what better season than winter to capture some fantastic pictures?
- January is the beginning of a brand new year. Almost everyone sets goals or hopes to achieve better or more results and, at least for a time, strives toward gaining those desires. For me, I picture a brand new slate, ready to fill with wonderful new experiences and adventures.
- January means I have twelve whole months–the good Lord above willing–to achieve my writing goals. This year?
I hope to finish and see published the second book in my WWII series: A Flute in the Willows. It’s nearly there…
I’m hoping I can finish the third book in my Denton and Alex Davies Mystery series: Daffy’s Duck. I’ve made a great start; now we’ll see how that goes. (Fingers crossed, but determination is burning brightly!)
Next on my writing list desires is to write and finish the FOURTH book in my Appleton, WV Romantic Mystery series. It’s just beginning, but I’m so excited to give this one a shot because, with this one, I’m focusing on the man as the main co-protagonist. (The first three had a woman as the main co-protagonist, if that makes sense! 🙂 ) I’m calling it Toby’s Troubles and promises to be another fun, entertaining book with some mystery tossed in for good measure!
Lastly, for this year, and this one might mean a toss up between it and the previous one listed, is to write the finishing touches on a historical romantic mystery that shouldn’t take too much longer to finish. Title? Caleb’s Destiny.
- Lastly, this month I’m beginning to increase my relationship with my Savior. I want to study the Bible more, pray frequently, and allow my faith to grow stronger. I want to remember that the sun is always shining–even when I can’t see it!
Happy, happy New Year, and a continuing good year!