by Carole Brown
Ah…tis the season! A beautiful, exciting, and wondrous time of the year. So to start off the season, I thought I’d list a few things that inspire me and make me happy. I’d LOVE it if you all would share some of your very favorite things too in the comment section.
- brown paper bags with simple, even homemade pictures on the front! L-o-v-e!
- handmade nativity scenes–well, actually, beautiful nativity sets period! Lol
- Christmas trees, live, artificial, colored and plain, and the “chore” of cutting a live one.
- cards that speak to the heart. That includes handmade ones.
- New snow.
- People who dress up for the festivities
- church programs, especially the children who lisp and stumble and forget. I’m sure God smiles with indulgent love!
- forgiveness and peace
- Christmas music. Swoon! (I did an MRI last week and it was the easiest yet–I requested Christmas music. I wonder what the techs would say if I ask for it in summer?)
- Crackling fireplaces
- Tastefully decorated homes
- Lovely set tables
- fragrant pine cones
- Picking the “just right” present for a favorite person
- Taking pictures
- candlelit Christmas services with hearts lifted in praise to God!
- Saint Luke chapter two!
There you have it. I’m sure I’ve forgotten something, but these were at the top of my list. NOW, let me read yours!