Welcoming Diane Theiler today. She’s promoting two books–both of which sound really good.
Tell us a little bit of how you were called, or began writing. Happenstance? A clear call? A chosen career?
The Lord has worked on my heart for years about witnessing. I kept telling him I wasn’t a good speaker. Every time I said those words, he’d say “Write a book.” I fought writing for years. Probably close to thirty years. Then one day I gave up and started writing. I loved it! I’m so sorry I waited so long.
What is the message(s) in the book you’re promoting today? Do you like a definite spiritual theme or do you keep it less obvious as you write?
- Heaven’s Bait is a story told from the Soul’s point of view. I’ve always loved Frank Peretti’s books and thought it would be cool to write one about the struggles the Soul goes through when we make bad decisions.
Headstrong Annie Parker is taken from her home in the middle of the night. Her memory gone, her family unconcerned, and her signature on a binding contract, leave her no choice but to accept her fate when she discovers she is Soul. Her journey is filled with adventure and fear as she fights to save her physical self from Satan’s grasp. Her battle takes her through a demon infested forest where she must deal with the past, get rid of pride, and discover her need for Jesus.
- Black Mamba – A Story of Love and Faith is a romantic suspense. Black Mamba is a group of underground warriors involved in human trafficking and the name of the strategic game they play.
Christene Bickley, the truth diamonds, and a deadly game of Black Mamba with its strategic moves, cause Bradley C. Whitmore to risk everything to save the woman he loves.
Determined to keep his vow to God and be the best Secret Agent he can be, Brad infiltrates a cell of traffickers and does the unthinkable in order to solve his case and save Christene. The reckless decision sends both Christene’s and his lives into chaos as they strive to outwit elite Black Mamba warriors who are determined to kill them. Overcoming one obstacle after another takes its toll when events transpire to keep Brad and Christene apart, but Brad is determined to keep them together.
What is YOUR favorite part about the book or why do you love this book? Why should we read it? J
- Heaven’s Bait – The symbolism. This book is filled with symbolism and allows the readers to identify the demons in their own lives, see their need for Jesus, and gain inspiration from the Word of God.
- Black Mamba – I love when Christene decides she wants Brad’s God to be her God. The scene touches my heart.
Give us a few items about yourself: hobbies, loves, fun or weird habits, food/snack kicks you like, what would you be if not a writer–that sort of thing.
- I like to try new things. I loved sky diving, getting covered in paint, ziplining, and writing. Didn’t care much for bungi jumping although it was fun after I jumped.
Lastly, share an incident when you’ve been very happy/excited or very disappointed/depressed during and because of your writing career? How were you able to get past the bad and move on to the good?
I was very excited about my book release party. I have the best friends. One sent her daughter to do my hair. The other had her daughter take pictures as if she was the paparazzi to make me feel like a star. A lot of my friends came. It was a wonderful night and gave me the confidence I needed to go forward with my writing career.
Thanks for giving me the chance to do this interview.
Diane Theiler spends her spare time writing Romance and Christian Suspense novels, mentoring young girls, and enjoying her family. She loves a good story and has no trouble admitting she’s been bitten by the writing bug since her children left the nest.
Diane’s first novel, ‘Heaven’s Bait’ has been a huge success. If you haven’t already read it be sure to get a copy. Just like ‘Black Mamba’ it will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very last page. Both books are available at Amazon.com and Kindle.com as well as other local bookstores.
Connect with Diane here:
￼ ￼To buy her books, go here: Link for ‘Heaven’s Bait’
Link for ‘Black Mamba’