Good morning! I’m thrilled to join Tamera on Word Sharpeners and hope
- I gain some new friends and
- share some guest posts from really great authors,
- post about topics I love and that you might find interesting and
- share information now and then about the books of my heart.
Now that that’s out of the way, what’s with the title cause I’m definitely not two of those things, and just a now and then baker? What have I tried to do at various times?
- tried weaving and making fry bread with the Navajoes in New Mexico. What fun, but I was totally inept at both.
- Gave some thought to and enjoyed the time I spent in ceramics, but that interest waned fairly quickly.
- Tried cake decorating, but although my cakes weren’t bad, they weren’t great either.
- Tried sewing, and that lasted for several years, but life and children got in the way.
- Because I love Collie dogs, hubby offered to set me up with what I needed to raise and sell them. No, thanks.
- I also, at different times through my life thought I would attempt: nursing, becoming an airline stewardess (I know they don’t call them that now), ice skating, becoming a pianist, a photographer, a detective . . .
And made a complete circle right back to where I belong: a child of God, wife, mother, grandmother (JOY!) and author. Another time we’ll talk about some of these attempts and how they become important to me, perhaps, but today I’ll give you a glimpse of my books and what’s coming.
Cara is considered rebellious and inappropriate to befriend. Dayne is the apple of Elder Simmons’ eye—until he takes a stand against their teachings. Can his prayers and love reach Cara and show her the way to redemption? Will Cara realize God’s love and forgiveness before she goes too far?
The Denton and Alex Davies Mystery series
Award winning fiction author, Carole Brown, offers a new suspense driven cozy series featuring Denton and Alex Davis. With writing full of turns and twists, Her ability to build suspense has been likened to the early works of James Patterson.
An ancient story, a bit of a map, a lost jewel and even a bat clan serve to provide the Davies and their sidekick, Taffy, the dog, their hardest case so far.
Book THREE: Coming Winter 2016/2017
A stuffed duck, a sweet Down’s Syndrome sister who has a talent for painting, strange people and a letter from the past all serve to create the mystery the Denton’s crave. Can they find the answer before Daffodil and her brother Jeremy fall prey to a deceitful man’s flattering words?
The Spies of WWII series
Will their love survive the danger and personal issues
that arise to hinder the path of true love?
Coming Fall 2016: BOOK TWO: A Flute in the Willows
The Appleton, West Virginia Romantic Mystery series
Gossip, a Spanish proposal, an inheritance, and a sabotaged construction business may ruin Christmas for Toni’s employees as well as her own happiness.
Will a mysterious person succeed in pulling off the biggest scam Appleton, West Virginia has ever seen? And will this culprit destroy Toni’s last chance at happiness with the man of her dreams?
Coming June, 2016: Book TWO!
Can Starli and Joel work together to find the source of threats that seem to be coming from Starli’s past?
May you have many happy hours of reading!