Mother’s Day is in one week. Hopefully you’ve already bought her the perfect gift or planned something special for her. If not, it’s not too late. Here are the top ten things you can do for Mom on Mother’s Day.
10. Cook dinner for her. Everyone tries to take Mom out for Mother’s Day to crowded restaurants with an hour wait. This year, why not cook her dinner at home.
9. Give her a present. Flowers and candy are always nice, but if she doesn’t like candy and is on a diet, how about an Amazon or iTunes gift card?
8. Buy her a massage gift certificate. A day at a spa is always a wonderful gift for a mom.
7. Clean her house. Acts of Service are the best gifts you can give her. If her house is clean, do her laundry or yard work, or offer to do her grocery shopping.
6. Buy her a mushy card that tells her how much you love her or make your own. There’s nothing like a homemade card that wasn’t sent by Facebook or email. She’ll treasure it.
5. Skype or Facetime her if you live out of town. If she doesn’t know how to Skype or doesn’t own a computer, iPad, or iPhone. Arrange with someone to help her ahead of time.
4. Watch her favorite classic romantic movie with her.
3. Give her a list of the ways she’s been the best mother in the world to you. There no better feeling for a mom than to know someone noticed and appreciated all the sacrifices she’s made.
2. Buy her a plaque or make a framed certificate that says “Mother of the Century” on it.
1. Tell her how much you love and appreciate her. That’s what she wants the most.