Here’s my top 10 tips for starting your day right.
10. Prepare your clothes the night before. Decide what you’re going to wear and lay it out. That way, if it needs ironed or a button is missing, you can take care of it when you have time. Place your shoes, purse, and packed tote bag or briefcase by the door. If you have children you need to get to daycare or school, make sure their book bags are packed and their clothes are laid out. It’s much easier to do this the night before than when your running around getting ready in the morning.
9. Invest in coffeepot or teapot with a timer. Get it ready the night before.
8. Set the table for breakfast the night before.
7. Get up one hour early. This is challenging when all you want to do is hit the snooze button, but having an extra hour to yourself before anyone else gets up can make all the difference. You can use this time for numbers 1, 4, and 5.
6. Go to bed early. If you have enough sleep, it’s easier to start your day right.
5. Plan and schedule your day before you get started. Make a to do list before things get out of hand. Divide the list into important and not that important.
4. Exercise. The best time of day to exercise is first thing in the morning before you take your shower and get dressed. If your do this, you will have more energy throughout the day.
3. Eat breakfast. Even if it’s a protein shake, make sure you eat something for breakfast. People who eat breakfast are more productive throughout the day.
2. Tell your family you love them before you or they rush off. Sometimes when things get busy, we forget. But it’s important.
1. Spend some time with God. It doesn’t have to be a lot of time, but spending time with God first thing in the morning is the wisest decision you’ll make.