Susan J. Reinhardt’s publishing credits include her novels, The Moses Conspiracy and The Scent of Fear, as well as devotionals, short articles, and contributions to anthologies. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers.
A widow, daughter, stepmom, and active church member, Susan resides in Pennsylvania. When not writing, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, reading, couponing, gardening, and finding small treasures in antique shops.
You can find Susan on the web at these locations:Blog: Christian Writer/Reader Connection Facebook Author Page Goodreads Twitter: @susanjreinhardt
Seven Signs You’ve Forgotten How to Live
I get hyper-focused at times, especially when writing a book or learning a new skill. Social media also commands a great many hours when launching a novel. But how much is too much? Here are a few signs that your life is off kilter:
1) You eat all your meals in front of the computer. Facebook, Pinterest, Goodreads, and Twitter have replaced reading, watching Jeopardy, and listening to your favorite music.
2) Your husband and kids complain they have no clean underwear or socks. Junior’s pants resemble knickers because you haven’t shopped for clothes in six months, and daughter has taken over the cooking chores.
3) The vacuum cleaner bag hasn’t been changed in a year because you only run it once a month.
4) Your poodle resembles a sheep because you don’t have time to take her to the groomer.
5) The last time you had lunch with a friend was in August 2010, and your mother sent you a copy of your birth certificate to prove her relationship to you.
6) Your treadmill is now a catch-all for the family’s coats and sweaters.
7) Conversation consists of regaling your hearers with the benefits of social media marketing or what you learned from the writing book you just finished.
Ahem, I have a diagnosis: Writeritis
Definition: A condition which renders its victims unable to handle daily responsibilities or participate in the joys of life.
Remedy: Turn off the computer. Catch up with your Bible reading program. Have a conversation with someone face to face about what they like. Take a day trip with no research allowed. Buy your favorite author’s latest book and actually read it. Take a cooking class or watch the Food Network. Pray. Do something fun as a family.
Our writing is a small part of our greater journey through life. Don’t forget to live.
By Susan J. Reinhardt
Two seemingly unconnected events set in motion a diabolical plan. Ellie and John Zimmerman find themselves embroiled in a life-threatening investigation, fighting a shadowy enemy.
Several years have passed since a terrorist attack on Washington, D.C., and the nation’s capital is once again welcoming tourists. Ellie plans a trip with her young son, Peter, and they become separated. Back home, her husband, John, witnesses a buggy accident with unusual circumstances.
Caught between strained family relationships and ominous warnings, the couple rely on God for wisdom and protection. The truth of a past tragedy is revealed. While they may expose the culprits, will they survive the heartache it brings?
Purchase The Moses Conspiracy here.
Purchase Susan’s other novel, The Scent of Fear, here.