One of my internet friends has zonked me with the Honest Scrap award. Thanks Linda Yezak. The award means I have to reveal eight things about myself on my blog and zonk eight of my friends with blogs. Linda has a great blog called 777 Peppermint Place. Check it out.
So here are the eight things about me:
1. I was a children’s pastor for 21 years. I now am a children’s ministry consultant and revivalist and a cirriculum and historical fiction writer.
2. When I was younger, I took dance lessons (ballet, on pointe, tap, jazz, musical comedy) for 20 years. I still love to dance.
3. When I was a kid, I had a pet boxer named Chipper Van Zipper. He was aquired when I was 6 months old and died when I was twelve years old.
4. When I was 14 years old, I took a trip to Europe (England, France, Italy, and Switzerland) with the Foriegn Study League.
5. I attended the 1976 Olympics in Quebec, Canada while I was on tour with my youth group choir.
6. I once considered going to college at Oral Roberts University. I changed my mind because I couldn’t afford it and decided to go to Kent State University.
7. My favorite memory of my grandmother (Nanny) was sitting in her lap in a rocking chair and having her read Black Beauty to me.
8. I love classic old movies, history, dance, music, art, and reading. (not nessecarily in that order)
Here’s the list of people I’m zonking with the Honest Scrap Award.
Lynn Mosher – Heading Home
Michelle Archer – ML Archer’s Published Stories
Carrie Lewis – Word Journeys
Lynette Bonner – Writer’s Journey
Naomi Musch – Naomi Dawn Musch Blog
Tommie Lyn – Tommie Lyn Writes
John Robinson – John Robinson Books Blog
Rita L. Betti – Rita’s Ravings